KORG Volca FM2 Digital FM-Synthesizer
Den ultimata FM Synth upplevelsen i volca-format 6-röster, 6-operatorer och alla 32 klassiska algoritmerna, 16-stegs loop-sequencer, effekter och en kraftfull arpeggiator.
KORG Volca FM2 Digital FM-Synthesizer
The ultimate compact FM synth
This new generation – with double the voices of its predecessor, additional effects, expanded MIDI connectivity, and intuitive interface – is poised to bring unprecedented possibilities to your setup, and revolutionize your studio with new musical ideas. Volca-FM2 perfectly reproduces the sound of the classic Yamaha DX7 and is completely compatible with SYS-EX patches for the DX7 as well.
Battery (included) or adapter (KA-350, optional) operated with built-in speakers and a compact and light chassis, the Volca-FM2 is the ultimate portable FM solution for all musicians.
With 6 voices (instead of the 3 of its predecessor) the new volca fm brings a new world of harmonic possibilities to your production.
Now it is possible to play, sequence or arpeggiate complex chords with up to 6 voices in order to bring a unique flavor to your music production. No more running out of voices when sequencing melody, harmony and bass all in one device!
Moreover, the new volca fm is now velocity sensitive via MIDI, which coupled with its 6 voice polyphony, provides a much more expressive and nuanced playing experience than ever before.
By popular request, volca fm includes a lush Reverb effect in addition to the Chorus effect. Each of these two effects can be used and adjusted individually to add the finishing touch to any FM sound you are going for.
External sequencing and connectivity
In addition to MIDI IN the new volca fm also includes a MIDI OUT (IN/OUT 3.5 mm TRS), making it possible to use the intuitive volca internal sequencer to control other devices through MIDI, making it the perfect addition to your standalone setup. Of course, it also works well with your DAW of choice thanks to note, control, and clock receipt via the MIDI IN.
Powerful sequencer and functions
The internal sequencer offers looping up to 16 steps, allowing you to record your performance on the touch panel keyboard as you play. Up to 16 sequence patterns can be stored in the internal memory.
Volca fm also incorporates a motion sequence function to record in real time all the subtle nuances of your playing and knob movements, letting you add time-varying change to the sound. This is a great way to polish your loops, and also lets you generate highly original live performances.
New program randomization and performance oriented functions
In order to spice things up, the new generation of volca fm includes a brand new program randomizer, letting you find new inspiration through happy accidents and unexpected patches.
Of course, it still incorporates highly acclaimed functions such as the warp active step, pattern chain and an improved arpeggiator, making it easy to create crazy looping rhythms and patterns.
In addition to the active step function that lets you skip steps during a sequence, the volca fm provides new functions that enable you to generate more irregular rhythms. If the active step is fewer than 16 steps, you can use the warp active step function to compensate so you occupy the same playback time as 16 steps; then by synchronizing the playback with another volca series unit, you can deliberately skew the step timing to generate truly unconventional performances.
Furthermore, the pattern chain function lets you connect multiple sequence patterns for successive playback, making it possible to construct large-scale developments of 32, 64, or even 256 steps by joining up to 16 sequences.
Full classic Sys-Ex compatibility
The volca fm perfectly reproduces the sound engine of the Yamaha DX7, the classic digital synthesizer that made the world aware of FM synthesis. Its six operators and 32 algorithms provide complete compatibility, and it can even load files in the SYS-EX/SYX format.
Super-easy sound editing
The volca fm makes FM sound editing accessible with the MODULATOR/CARRIER super-easy edit knobs – the knob movements are mapped to multiple parameters for sound changes that are easy to understand. FM enthusiasts can also menu dive into full parameter edits. The volca fm comes accompanied with a Parameter List Guide to assist this.
Following the volca tradition, the new volca fm comes in a portable, small form factor that you can take anywhere. Totally hands on with plenty of knobs for on-the-fly sound editing, volca fm runs on 6 AA batteries, has an integrated speaker and at only 360g/12.6oz (without batteries) is perfect for stand-alone use. Furthermore, with SYNC IN-OUT and MIDI IN-OUT connections, it integrates seamlessly with your live rig, production studio and of course any other volca!
Synthmata online editor
In collaboration with Oscillator Sink, old and new volca fm users can use the completely free online editor to easily modify their patches; no installation required.
Free bundle of music software
The volca fm comes with a diverse variety of music software from Izotope including “Ozone Elements” which lets you not only create songs but also master them using AI, “Skoove” which will help you improve your keyboard playing skills, “Reason Lite” DAW software, as well as software synths from KORG and other brands. In other words, the moment you get your hands on this synthesizer you'll have a variety of tools to help you take your music to the next level.
Included software for Mac/Windows
- KORG Collection - M1 Le (synthesizer sound module)
- UVI Digital Synsations (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Ultra Analog Session (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Strum Session (acoustic guitar sound module)
- AAS Lounge Lizard Session (electric piano sound module)
- Reason Studios Reason Lite (DAW music production software)
- Skoove free 3 month trial of Skoove Premium (online piano lesson)
- KORG Gadget 2 Le for Mac (DAW music production software)
- iZotope Ozone Elements (Audio Mastering Plug-in Software)
- Keyboard: Multi-touch 27 key Keypad
- Synthesizer engine: Type FM, Polyphony 6, 6 operators, 32 algorithms, 64 programs
- Editparameters: Modulator?Attack?Decay), Carrier?Attack, Decay), LFO?Rate, P.Depth, Algrtm, Randomize
- The editor mode allows to tweak each parameter for each operator
- Control: Transpose, Velocity,Octave, Arp?Type, Div) Chorus Level, Reverb Level
- Arpeggiator type: 9 Rise, Fall, Random ×3?
- Voice modes: Poly, Mono, Unison
- Effects: Chorus, Reverb
- Sequencer: 1 part, 16 steps, 16 memory slots
- Motion Sequence: Active Step, Warp Active Step, Pattern Chain, Metronome
- Inputs / Outputs: Audio input, Headphone 3.5mm minijack
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V, Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V)
- MIDI In/Out: 3.5mm stereo mini jack connector (type-A MIDI adaptor needed, Korg HNS-4331) Able to convert and load SYS-EX/SYX file created on the Yamaha DX7
- Power: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6 Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional) Battery life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Included items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable, Edit Parameter List
- Accessories: (Sold separately) AC adapter (DC 9V) KA-350, Korg Type-A MIDI adaptor HNS-4331
- Dimensions: 93?W?x 115?D?x 40?H?mm (without the knobs)
- Weight: 360 g (without batteries)