VNL - "In ViNyL we trust"
Even before the launch of the Concorde MkII, we have always studied the feedback of our customers and how they utilize our products.
Skilled DJs demand specialized tools that can help them push their creativity to the edge – consistently testing the boundaries in the realm of performance.
Understanding this and reflecting our extensive experience in industrial design and technological know-how, we present the new Ortofon VNL cartridge – a model tailored uniquely to the unrelenting demands of modern turntablists and portablists.
The new VNL features and improvements
- Extra resistance to hardcore scratching and back spinning
- High tracking performance for both DVS usage and real vinyl
- Optimal balance of output and of sound quality
Technological improvements have been applied for the benefits of all users
- Ultrasonic welding of the components ensures high rigidity and freedom from resonances.
- Robotic assembly of stylus assembly offers high precision and uniformity of industrial production.
3 different feels to fine-tune your performance
To match the multiple applications of modern DJs the VNL INTRO PACK includes 3 different styli with suspension types of varying feel and rigidity
- Stylus VNL I compliance, dynamic lateral 16 μm/m N - Flexible
- Stylus VNL II compliance, dynamic lateral 15 μm/m N - Rigid
- Stylus VNL III compliance, dynamic lateral 14 μm/m N - Firm
DJs can easily identify which stylus type best suits their individual DJ style and enables their absolute best performance capability.
- Output voltage: at 1000Hz, 5cm/sec. - 6 mV
- Channel separation: 1kHz - 20 dB
- Frequency response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz -2/+4 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force:
- VNL I - 100 μm
- VNL II - 90 μm
- VNL III - 90 μm
- Compliance, dynamic lateral:
- VNL I - 16 μm/m N
- VNL II - 15 μm/m N
- VNL III - 14 μm/m N
- Tracking force range: 3 - 5 g
- Tracking force recommended: 4 g
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 200-600 pF
- Cartridge weight: 6,5 g
- Replacement stylus units: VNL I, VNL II, VNL III
- Antiskating: for best backcueing performance use “0”