LD Systems MAUI 28 G3
LD Systems MAUI 28 G3
Compact cardioid column PA system
- 2060 W Peak-power and 127 dB max. SPL.
- Powerful and deep bass reproduction with 12" subwoofer.
- Balanced mids thanks to 12 x 3.5" full-range speakers.
- Precise and silky highs with 2 x 1" high-frequency drivers.
- Cardioid column for controlled low-mid and midrange sound dispersion.
- BEM optimised HF waveguide and midrange phase plugs for homogeneous dispersion.
- Optimised bass-reflex design improves bass response and reduces air flow noise.
- Can be combined with an additional MAUI® 28 G3 subwoofer for increased low end or for cardioid subwoofer setups.
- New Dynx® DSP (Gen.2) for distortion-free sound even at maximum volume.
- AAC coding for HD Bluetooth® 5.0 streaming.
- Automatic setup detection for quick and easy operation.
- Fast and simple assembly without stands or cables.
- Rugged birch plywood subwoofer housing with durable polyurea-coating.
- Lightweight, powder-coated aluminium column housing.
Compact, powerful and easy to use - a column PA remains the perfect companion for DJs and smaller bands. The LD Systems MAUI series represents this all-in-one concept in every detail and offers an unrivalled PA package in terms of sound, design, technology and handling. Set it up, plug it in, and you're all set!
The MAUI 28 G3 delivers a huge, powerful and precise sound featuring 1,030 W RMS power (2,060 W peak), suitable for all applications: as a main PA for concerts, a sound system for mobile DJs or a public address system at weddings, corporate events and many more.
With its sleek and elegant design, the MAUI 28 G3 looks very appealing. The two aluminium column elements sit at the front edge of the subwoofer, further enhancing the seamless visual impression. The columns are equipped with 12 x 3.5'' midrange drivers and 2 x 1'' tweeters, providing an even sound distribution with constant horizontal dispersion in combination with the innovative phase plug design. In addition, the BEM-optimised waveguide ahead of the tweeters carries the high frequencies even to the very rear audience areas.
The LD Systems engineers also took great care of the crossover filter between midrange and tweeter speakers. The aim was to reduce harmonic distortion and interference to make the sound even more transparent, vibrant and powerful. The result speaks for itself: a highly precise reproduction of vocals and instruments across the entire 120° x 30° dispersion field. The columns of the MAUI 28 G3 are designed as cardioid speakers. This allows for controlled low-mids at the front and up to 18 dB of attenuation at the rear, resulting in a clean stage sound.
Equipped with a single 12'' woofer and four bass reflex ports, the MAUI 28 G3 subwoofer delivers a clear, tight and punchy low end down to 37 Hz. By using a second subwoofer, the bass response can also be increased of up to 6 dB and it can also be driven in cardioid configuration at the push of a button (cardioid preset). In addition, the ultra-durable polyurea coating of the subwoofer easily withstands even the toughest demands on the road.
The MAUI 28 G3 is a real sound machine, yet also convinces with its sophisticated features in the day-to-day life of DJs, musicians and technicians. Thanks to Bluetooth 5.0 and AAC coding, the column PA becomes even more versatile. Transport is as easy as usual, while the enhanced, hidden multi-pin connections between the elements provide increased stability during assembly. There's nothing that can knock the MAUI off its feet so easily...
- Product type: PA Complete Systems
- Type: Powered
- Color: Black
- Max. SPL (Peak): 127 dB
- Frequency response (-10dB): 37 Hz - 20000 Hz
- Dispersion (H x V): 120° x 30 °
- Total Height: 2052 mm
- Weight: 35,4 kg
- Features: Bluetooth Audio Streaming, Cardioid column, DSP-based Signal Processing, Excellent Sound Dispersion, Mono/ Stereo Application
- Woofer dimensions: 12 "
- Woofer dimensions (mm): 305 mm
- Woofer magnet: Ferrite
- Woofer brand: Custom-made
- Woofer voice coil: 3 "
- Woofer voice coil (mm): 76.2 mm
- Cabinet construction: Bass Reflex
- Housing material: 15 mm Birch Plywood
- Cabinet surface: Polyurea
- Dimensions Subwoofer (W x H x D): 370 x 527 x 472 mm
- Subwoofer weight: 22.8 kg
- Mid/Hi System
- Midrange dimensions: 12 x 3,5 "
- Midrange dimensions (mm): 12 x 89 mm
- Midrange magnet: Ferrite
- Midrange brand: Custom-made
- Midrange voice coil: 19 mm
- Tweeter dimensions: 2 x 1 "
- Tweeter dimensions (mm): 2 x 25.4 mm
- Tweeter magnet: Neodymium
- Tweeter brand: Custom-made
- Tweeter voice coil: 1 "
- Tweeter voice coil (mm): 25.4 mm
- Wave Guide: CD Waveguide
- Loudspeaker inputs: 1
- Speaker input connections: Custom-made multipin
- Cabinet construction mid/high: Passive Cardioid
- Mid/Hi system cabinet material: Aluminium
- Mid/Hi system cabinet surface: Powder-coated
- Mid/Hi system width: 103 mm
- Mid/Hi system height: 1540 mm
- Mid/Hi system depth: 135 mm
- Mid/Hi system weight: 12.6 kg
- Amplifier module (integrated in subwoofer)
- Amplifier: Class D
- System output (RMS): 1030 W
- System output (Peak): 2060 W
- Protection circuits: DC protection, Multiband limiter, short circuit, thermal protection
- Cooling: Convection
- Controls: Bluetooth HOLD TO LINK button, Cardioid On/Off, Main level, Power On/Off, Sub level
- Indicators: Bluetooth, Cardioid On/Off, Follower mode, Limit, Power, Protect (protection circuit engaged), Signal, Subwoofer Mode
- Mains connector: IEC power cable (included)
- Operating voltage: 100 V AC - 120 V AC, 50 - 60 Hz, 220 V AC - 240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Fuse: T 5AL / 250 V
- Power consumption: 400 W
- Ambient temperature (operating): 0 - 40 °C
- Relative Humidity: <80% (non-condensing)
- Line Inputs: 2
- Line Input Connectors: Combo XLR / TRS
- Line Outputs: 1 x Sub OUT, 2 x THRU
- Line Output Connectors: XLR male
- Number of speaker outputs: 1
- Loudspeaker Output Connectors: Custom-made multipin
- Bluetooth Standard: A2DP
- Bluetooth Audio Decoder: AAC, SBC
- DSP characteristics
- Bit depth AD/DA converter: 24 bit
- Sampling frequency: 48 kHz